Registration/Data Management Assistant (VA.NO.27/2018)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 27/2018
Registration/Data Management Assistant
Equivalent to GS-4
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
28 May 2018
Assistant IT Officer (Refugee Systems)
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
10 June 2018
Local Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Availability of the Position As soon as possible
Scope of Assignment
- Register all asylum seekers who approach the Office and enter indivisual data and biometrics into proGres Database and Biometric Identification Management Systems (BIMS).
- Identify cases with specific needs in need of prioritization (i.e. medical, security, unaccompanied minors and vulnerable women) at the registration stage, ensure translation of documents and refer to staff members for acceleration.
- Responsible for referring asylum seekers/refugees who are in need of medical, social, legal advice and financial assistance for review/approval.
- Assist in operating the Document Translation Tracking and Electronic Filing System.
- Assist in RSD Decision Notification for both positive and negative decisions.
- Assist in file management.
- Issue Identification cards for asylum seekers and refugees.
- Assist the Senior Protection Assistant in the coordination and activities at the Reception Centre.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly RSD statistics on issues and developments involving protection for the Protection/RSD Officer with an analysis on how to ensure effective protection/solution.
- Prepare letters to/from the Royal Thai Government and act as an interpreter and translator from Thai to English or English to Thai when needed.
- Perform other tasks as needed and assigned.
Qualifications and Required Competencies
- Bachelor degree in any related field.
- Conversant with computer software, specifically electronic database programs; advanced data analytical and word processing skills, highly desirable.
- At least two years of relevant work experiences with an international organization preferable.
- Prior training and demonstrated experience in records management, preferbaly file management desireable.
- Works well under pressure.
- Flexible with regards to working hours and distuptive work patterns.
- General understanding of data management.
- Good inter-personnel communication skills.
- Highly accurate with good attention to detail.
- Excellent Thai-English langauge skills.
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 form, Curriculum Vitae and a copy of official ID card/national passport indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to:
Candidates who are not Thai nationals are required to submit with their application evidence of their right to work in Thailand.
Only candidates under positive consideration will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
UNHCR/P.11 and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and