Assistant Manager (In-House F2F Fundraising) (VA.NO.25/2018)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement no. 25/2018
(In-House F2F Fundraising)
Equivalent to GS-4
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
23 April 2018
Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Associate
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
30 April 2017
Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Unit
Local Individual Contractor Agreement (LICA), UNOPS
Availability of the Post: As soon as possible
UNHCR is the UN Refugee Agency and takes the lead in providing international protection for 65.6 million refugees and displaced people worldwide.
Private Sector Partnerships Service (PSP) is a fast growing global division with offices in 14 countries across the world. In 2017, PSP recruited over 700,000 new individual private donors and our ambition is to quickly grow in size, scale and global reach. Direct dialogue fundraising, or face to face (F2F) fundraising, is at the heart of our growth strategy, currently accounting for over 80% of new donors recruited globally each year. It is through the efforts of the fundraisers working in this direct sales environment that we not only raise vital funds for refugees but also build UNHCR brand. In Thailand, PSP has been achieving outstanding results since its establishment in May 2008. Through in-house and outsourced face to face fundraising programmes, PSP generates the largest portion of funds that go directly to support refugees in Thailand.
UNHCR is now looking for a highly motivational and self-driven Assistant Manager to supervise our In-house face to face (F2F) fundraising team in Bangkok with potential expansion to wider areas in Thailand, with a background in either commercial or NGO direct sales or direct marketing, to lead and grow this new programme.
Under supervision of her / his direct supervisor, the incumbent’s responsibilities will include:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and analyze team performance ensuring that all targets and key performance indicators are met or exceeded.
- Maintain and grow the team in order to establish a strong core team that consistently meets the required targets.
Training and Staff Development
- Provide effective ongoing training and coaching to keep face to face staff motivated and engaged with the programme and the organization in order to deliver results.
- Conduct ongoing motivational and team building activities to ensure that the team consistently perform at the highest level.
- Lead by example in the field by maintaining a positive attitude, punctuality, time management, professionalism, problem solving ability, and consistency.
- Ensure appropriate high quality training and development to support high performing staff and develop an effective promotion plan to ensure leadership positions are filled as the programme grows.
Performance Management of Staff
- Conduct performance evaluations of the face to face fundraising team.
- Assist team leaders in preparing achievable work plans for their teams.
- Where targets are not being met by individual fundraisers ensure team leaders are effectively following performance management procedures to get their staff back on target or take disciplinary action as required.
- Ensure any disciplinary action taken is done in line with organizational policy, face to face fundraising staff performance policy and accurate employment law.
Recruitment and Reporting
- Conduct an effective staff recruitment programme ensuring that enough suitably qualified fundraisers are employed to meet annual fundraising targets.
- Deliver weekly team performance report and analyze areas of improvement
- Produce and implement an ongoing location plan that provides high performing venues for the fundraising teams and ensure that enough venues are secured for the team to work in
Education and Skills:
- University degree in one of the following areas: Communication, Sale and Marketing, or Public Relations or any related field.
- 2 year-experience in direct sales, face to face fundraising or related field (marketing, etc.).
- Excellent direct product or cause related sales skills.
- Good skills in communication, negotiation and convincing.
- Leadership and team building skills.
- Public speaking skills.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Time, task and record management skills.
- Planning and evaluation skills.
- Mature and organized, with attention to detail.
- Customer service and relationship building.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Internet and email.
Languages: Fair command of English and good command of Thai languages. (both written and spoken).
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 form, Curriculum Vitae and a copy of official ID card/national passport indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to:
Candidates who are not Thai nationals are required to submit with their application evidence of their right to work in Thailand.
Only candidates under positive consideration will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
UNHCR/P.11 and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and