Programme Assistant (VA.NO.11/2019)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 11 /2019
Equivalent to GS-4
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
12 April 2019
Associate Programme Officer
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
26 April 2019
Local Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Availability of the Position As soon as possible
Scope of Assignment
- UNHCR Country Office has sufficient administrative assistance and support in routine services and activities within Programme Section thus better able to meet the needs of persons of concern.
- Review proposals and prepare/scrutinize draft budget against objectives on humanitarian assistance. Prepare project agreements and amendments, as required.
- Organize data and information, prepare and maintain records, documents and control plans. This includes management of UNHCR assets loan to partners.
- Monitor and report on expenditures and programme/project activities. Review control plans, progress reports, project inputs, budget and financial expenditures, obligations and expenditures by using the required system.
- Work with implementing partners and government agencies, as appropriate, and maintain good relations in support of successful programme implementation.
- Apply UNHCR's corporate tools (e.g. FOCUS, MSRP, Global FOCUS Insight) to generate data for evidence-based decisions at the country-level.
- Maintain log files and update records in prescribed format for subsequent use.
- Maintain and keep current registers and control plans on the status of projects at the formulation, implementation and operation stages.
- Draft letters, reports and other official documents.
- Prepare background materials, working papers and tables for briefing and review sessions.
- Carry our specific operations/control tasks for programme/project implementation.
- Serve as a focal point to generate reports from a cloud-based software on a monthly basis.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Access the relevant information and programme records, FOCUS, MSRP data.
- Decide on information contained in the reports submitted to supervisor.
Qualifications and Required Competencies
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Law, Social Science or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience with an international organization
- Computer skills (MS office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Thai, Knowledge of other UN language desirable.
- Good Analytical thinking , Planning , Organizing and communications skill.
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 form, Curriculum Vitae and a copy of official ID card/national passport indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to:
Candidates who are not Thai nationals are required to submit with their application evidence of their right to work in Thailand.
Only candidates under positive consideration will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
UNHCR/P.11 and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and