PSP Officer (Singapore) (VA.No.014/2019)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Regional Office for South-East Asia
Vacancy Announcement No.014/2019
PSP Officer (Singapore)
IICA-2 (Equivalent to P-3)
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
23 August 2019
PSP Officer (Asia & Pacific
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
13 September 2019
Private Sector Partnerships Service (PSP), DER
Singapore home-based (must resided in Singapore)
International Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Availability of the Position As soon as possible
The PSP Officer (Singapore) will play a key role in increasing Private Sector fundraising income in the country in particular from Private Partnerships and Philanthropy sources (PPH) i.e. corporations, foundations and High Net-Worth Individuals.
In order to carry this out, the contractor will work under the supervision of the Asia Regional team in the identification, cultivation and stewardship of PPH prospects and donors. S/he will report directly to the PSP Officer (Asia & Pacific). Under his functional supervision, the PSP contractor will manage all fundraising activities related to Private Partnership Philanthropy and Individual Giving in Singapore.
Primary focus will be to generate additional income from major donors, philanthropists, foundations and corporations in support of UNHCR’s activities worldwide.
For those activities that relate to Individual Giving programmes, the PSP Officer will work closely with the digital team in Bangkok (and Copenhagen if needed). S/he will bring market knowledge and connections; the Bangkok team will help and support with marketing and technical experience.
The PSP Officer will be part of the PSP team in the region and is expected to work closely with the PPH staff in Bangkok and in Copenhagen when working on PPH issues.
Scope of Assignment
Under the supervision of the Regional PSP Officer (Asia & Pacific), the individual contractor will assist in the following:
- In close coordination with the PSP Asia Regional team, the contractor will assist in the implementation of the UNHCR PPH Strategic Plan for Asia and the Pacific;
- Identify and analyze private philanthropy trends in Singapore and the region and provide regular updates on the developments that are relevant to the delivery and success of UNHCR’s own strategic plan;
- Explore and identify potential and innovative sources of funding and partnerships from individuals, foundations and corporations;
- Implement activities that help to grow the donor base in Singapore - this will include the participation and delivery of presentations and relevant information to increase brand awareness, attendance at networking events; and memberships into relevant groups/ entities that provide access to new prospective donors;
- Execute a sustainable communications plan that keep donors and other contacts updated of UNHCR’s progress of work and other relevant information;
- Forge beneficial and long lasting partnerships and relationships with existing donors that include sustainable stewardship strategies and activities;
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- Completion of University degree MA/BA) in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Political Science or other related discipline.
- At least 6 years of professional work experience with international private sector fundraising experience in a not-for-profit organisation or an international organisation
- Experience with developing and implementing plans and budgets.
- Proven ability to meet fundraising targets and negotiate and secure corporate and foundation partnerships.
- Proven track record with building and maintaining long term Private Partnerships and Philanthropy.
- Proven experience in managing high level meetings in combination with excellent presentation and communication skill.
- Proven ability in understanding how to reconcile the needs of the organization with those of the external stakeholders.
- Provide ability to write, draft, and edit letters, proposals, appeals, reports, acknowledgements, briefings, and donor correspondence when appropriate and ability to explain complex issues to external donors and present the organization and diverse operations in an appealing and concise manner.
- Proven ability to deal with multiple tasks in a courteous and service oriented manner in a demanding working condition that often functions on short-term deadline.
- Experience in Fundraising/Marketing principles and good knowledge of the Asian fundraising environment
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written) in English.
- Excellent computer skills with Word and Excel.
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills, and strong communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written).
- Working experience with an INGO in the humanitarian field is an asset. A flexible and outgoing team player with service oriented attitudes.
- A good communicator with strong interpersonal skills to deal with persons of different cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Experience in marketing or communication/advocacy.
- Knowledge of UNHCR programmes and activities, particularly at field level.
1) your Motivation Letter
2) UNHCR Personal History Form
3) Curriculum Vitae indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to: THAROPSP@unhcr.org
UNHCR Personal History Form and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm , https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11SUP_UNHCR.docm
Applications will not be acknowledged. Only the successful candidate will be notified the outcome of the selection process.