Senior PSP Assistant (Donor Development and Retention) (VA.NO.07/2020)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 07/2020
Senior PSP Assistant (Donor Development and Retention)
Equivalent to GS-5
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
14 January 2020
PSP Associate (Donor Development and Retention)
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
28 January 2020
Private Sector Partnerships Service
Local Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Availability of the Position as soon as possible
Under the overall supervision of the Assistant PSP Officer, the individual contractor will assist in the following:
- Support the development and implementation of donor retention communications materials and activities for existing donors and for emergency appeals.
- Keep abreast of developments on UNHCR’s work both in the country and worldwide and communicate all relevant information to the existing supporter base.
- Closely cooperate with the Global Fundraising Communications to ensure the fundraising content communication activities in Thailand are in line with global and regional communications strategy.
- Closely cooperate with the acquisition programme units and other departments in UNHCR Thailand to enhance the donor quality and retention.
- Execute communications plan that keeps donors and other contacts updated of UNHCR’s progress of work, donation in action, refugee situation and other relevant information.
- Write content and supervise the design and production of the donor care materials.
- Provide the necessary assistance to help ensure key performance indicators (attrition rate and Lifetime value) are achieved for the retention programmes.
- Ensure the development of communications content (online and offline) for donor communications and fundraising campaign.
- Provide support in English-Thai-English translation and other papers as needed.
- Help coordinating with outsourced donor call centre to ensure the high service level.
- Perform other responsibilities deemed necessary or as delegated by the Representative/Associate PSP Officer in order to meet the level of the services in the organization.
- Provide other support to the PSP team as required.
Qualifications and Required Competencies
• University Degree in Mass Communication, Liberal Arts, Advertising, Marketing or related fields
• Minimum five year’s experience in private sector fundraising, communication, marketing or journalism with at least one year experience in working with an international NGO or the UN preferable.
• Provide ability to write, draft, and edit content, appeals, reports, acknowledgements, briefings, and donor correspondence when appropriate and ability to explain information to donors and present the organization and diverse operations in an appealing and concise manner.
• Interpersonal skill and excellent in building relationship.
• Ability to analyze performance report will be an advantage.
• Experience in providing training and motivation is preferred.
• Proven ability to deal with multiple tasks in a courteous and service oriented manner in a demanding working condition that often functions on short-term deadline.
• Experience in Fundraising/Marketing principles and good knowledge of the fundraising environment.
• Show keen interest on refugees, displaced persons and asylum seekers issues.
• Excellent communication skills (spoken and written) in English and Thai.
• Excellent computer skills in Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Experience in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop is an asset.
• Good presentation skills.
• Ability to interface effectively and professionally with key UNHCR staff.
Please submit your Motivation Letter, UNHCR Personal History Form, Curriculum Vitae and a copy of official ID card/national passport indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to: THAROPSP@unhcr.org.
Candidates who are not Thai nationals are required to submit with their application evidence of their right to work in Thailand.
Only candidates under positive consideration will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
UNHCR Personal History Form (PHF) and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and