Admin/Finance Assistant (TA) (VA.NO.006/2018)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Regional Office for South East Asia
Vacancy Announcement No. 06/2018
General Service (GS-4)
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
24 July 2018
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
07 August 2018
RO Bangkok, Thailand
Temporary Appointment -
initial duration of three months (with possibility of renewal)
Availability of the Position As soon as possible
Duties and Responsibilities
This post falls under the Administration Unit of the UNHCR Regional Office for South-East Asia in Thailand. The incumbent will requires basic knowledge of administrative rules, procedures as well as operational standards of a UNHCR office. The nature of certain administrative/personnel functions require discretion and confidentiality.
- Assists in travel arrangements of staff on official missions (travel authorizations, visa, air tickets, travel payments, etc.)
- Assists in the local arrangements for regional and organization-wide workshops/meetings (identification of venue, submissions to Regional Committee on Contracts, etc.)
- Prepares payment requests and assists in maintenance of financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports
- Ensure that an orderly and systematic filing system is maintained for efficient and timely retrieval of files and safekeeping of confidential documents and other relevant materials.
- Maintain office inventory and stocks of office supplies. Monitor the asset management track to ensure all admin procurements and disposal of UNHCR property are done and recorded accurately
- Assists in requisitions of office supplies and equipment locally and abroad and arranges for control of distribution and maintenance of appropriate inventory records
- Performs other duties as required.
- Thai national (preferably)
- Completion of Secondary education or equivalent technical or commercial school with certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related field
- Computer skills (MS Office and People Soft applications)
- Minimum 3 years of job experience relevant to the function
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language
Please submit your P.11, resume and application letter, indicating vacancy announcement number and position title to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application will not be acknowledged. Only successful candidate will be notified of the outcome of the selection.
UNHCR Personal History Form and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm , https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11SUP_UNHCR.docm