Fundraising Database Associate (Salesforce) (VA.NO.002/2018)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Regional Office for South-East Asia
Vacancy Announcement No.002/2018
Fundraising Database Associate (Salesforce)
LICA-6 (Equivalent to G-6)
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
19 April 2018
Senior PSP Business Analyst, Head of Business Support Unit
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
7 May 2018
Private Sector Partnerships Service (PSP), Regional Office in Thailand
Local Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Scope of Assignment
UNHCR Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) now has a number of Salesforce instances in which donor data is kept. Salesforce is currently being used for quarterly reporting and will soon be responsible for collecting income, therefore there is a greater need for better maintenance and support of the existing systems, as well as defining and implementing fundraising best practices throughout the network of users.
Data Management policies and procedures, Integration with third party suppliers and applications, reporting, gift management, leadership giving management, ease of use and general support of the system all require careful thought, design, development, testing, training, implementation and documentation. In order to meet these challenges, a Fundraising Database Associate is required to join the Salesforce global team based in Bangkok.
- Provide support to HQ and International Office Users
The Fundraising Database Associate will act as a first line of support for Salesforce users globally, maintaining a support log ticketing system and resolutions database to provide solutions to users experiencing any difficulties with the system or requesting assistance and If necessary escalating issues up to the rest of the team and/or to Salesforce support.
- Regular data maintenance tasks
The assistant will be responsible for performing regular data administration tasks such as uploading campaign data using the dataloader tool. The assistant will also monitor regular automated data feeds into Salesforce such as payments from Worldpay and other payment systems.
- Database administration tasks
Performing general administration tasks such as creating new users, setting permission levels, groups etc.
- Basic Configuration of Database
Performing basic configuration and setting up declarative statements on the system such as creating workflow rules, Email templates, Process Builder tasks and Flow statements
- Provide Training: To provide formal and ad-hoc training for users.
- Documentation: To document policies, procedures and training materials on the system.
- Create reports and dashboards: To create new and amend existing reports and dashboards for analysis and segmentation purposes.
- Work with consultant and other vendors: To liaise on a technical level with consultants and 3rd party vendors.
- Administrative tasks supporting the Business Support Unit.
- Travel may be required to UNHCR offices during project rollouts etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- Completion of secondary education or equivalent technical or commercial school with certificate/training in a Business or IT-related subject
- Minimum 6 years of previous relevant job experience in IT, database administration
- Work experience with Salesforce is strongly preferred as is any experience with fundraising and not-for-profit operations
- Written and spoken English
- Knowledge and experience of CRM systems - preferably Salesforce
- Able to work independantly and as part of a team
- Ability to collaborate with others, with a flexible and positive attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and under pressure
Please submit 1) your Motivation Letter, 2) UNHCR Personal History Form, and 3) Curriculum Vitae indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to: TECHAMAI@unhcr.org
UNHCR Personal History Form and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm , https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11SUP_UNHCR.docm
Applications will not be acknowledged. Only the successful candidate will be notified the
outcome of the selection process.