Registration Assistant (VA.No. 09/2017)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 09/2017
Equivalent to GS-4
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
17 February 2017
Assistant IT Officer (Refugee Systems)
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
03 March 2017
Local Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Availability of the Post 01 April 2017 – 30 June 2017 (Initially for three months with possible extension based on satisfactory performance and availability of fund)
Under the supervision of the Assistant IT Officer (Refugee Systems), the incumbent is expected to:
· To register all asylum seekers who approach the Office and enter individual data and biometrics into proGres and Biometric Identification Management Systems (BIMS).
· To identify cases with specific needs and in need of prioritization (i.e. medical, security, unaccompanied minors and vulnerable women) at the stage of registration and translation and refer to concern staff members for acceleration of RSD process.
· To be responsible in referring asylum seekers/ refugees who are in need of medical, social, legal advice and financial assistance to the RSD supervisor for review/ approval.
· To assist in the RSD Decision Notification for both positive and negative decisions;
· To assist in the file management.
· To issue an Identification card for asylum seekers and refugees.
· To assist the protection assistant in the coordination and activities at the Refugee Reception.
· To assist in the preparation of monthly RSD statistics on incident and developments involving protection issues of concern for the Protection/RSD Officer with an analysis on how to ensure effective protection/solution.
· To act as an interpreter and translator from Thai to English or English to Thai when needed.
· To perform other tasks as needed and assigned.
Qualifications and Experiences Requirements
· Thai national only.
· Bachelor degree in any related field. Conversant with computer software, specifically electronic database programs; advanced data analytical and word processing skills, desirable.
· At least two (2) years of relevant work experience with an international organization, preferable. Prior training and demonstrated experience in records management, preferably file management.
· Works well under pressure.
· Flexible with regards to working hours and disruptive work patterns.
· Good inter-personnel communication skills.
· Highly accurate with a good attention to detail.
· Excellent Thai-English language skills.
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 and Curriculum Vitae indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to: THABAHR@unhcr.org
Applications will not be acknowledged. Only the successful candidate will be notified of the outcome of the selection process.
P.11 form can be down loaded from: http://unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/p11.doc