PSP Associate (Data Analyst) (VA.NO. PSP004/2020)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. PSP004/2020
PSP Associate (Data Analyst)
Equivalent to GS-6
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
19 May 2020
PSP ICT Officer
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
15 June 2020
Private Sector Partnerships Service
Local Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Availability of the Position as soon as possible
The Global Operations team within Private Sector Partnerships Service (PSP) is responsible for coordinating fundraising activities and sets targets and reports on performance for the fundraising network. The incumbent is a member of the global operations team and will support the team in further maintaining and improving the planning and reporting tools currently in place.
Scope of Assignment
Under the overall supervision of PSP ICT Officer and Assistant PSP Office (BI solution Developer), the incumbent will assist in the following:
· Prepare quarterly reports templates and monitor the completeness and accuracy of quarterly reports submitted using the established reporting tools.
· Consolidate quarterly reports.
· Ensure that the reports in SharePoint are up to date.
· Develop reports and visualizations based on business needs.
· Assist in establishing and maintain local databases with the complete information.
· Develop SQL queries, create tables, and stored procedure, views based on project requirements
· Knowledge of PowerBI and DAX
· Basic knowledge of Data Warehouse
· Prepare templates and monitor the completeness and accuracy reports submitted.
· Support the fundraising network end-users for established reporting queries.
· Perform data analysis with large amounts of data: facts, figures to find conclusions.
· Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Required Competencies
- High school Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in fields like math, statistics, computer science, business administration.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience (2 years experience with Bachelor’s degree).
- Previous working experience with the UN and/or exposure to work in similar contexts is considered an advantage.
- Experienced in using Business Intelligence solutions (reports, dashboards, scorecards) using Power BI, SQL and Excel.
- Fluency in English.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Determination to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with others and to be a team player.
- Strong ability to produce and analyse reports rapidly.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Advanced MS Office Skills (Excel, Word, Access).
- Office 365, SharePoint Information Delivery Skills or equivalent technology.
Please submit your Motivation Letter, UNHCR Personal History Form, Curriculum Vitae and a copy of official ID card/national passport indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to: THAROPSP@unhcr.org.
Candidates who are not Thai nationals are required to submit with their application evidence of their right to work in Thailand.
Only candidates under positive consideration will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
UNHCR Personal History Form (PHF) and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11SUP_UNHCR.docm