Assistant Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Officer (Acquisition) (VA.No. 46/2017)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 46/2017
Assistant Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Officer (Acquisition)
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
08 December 2017
Associate PSP Officer (Thailand)
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
21 December 2017
Private Sector Partnerships Unit (PSP)
Availability of the Post As soon as possible
The Assistant PSP Officer (Acquisition) is part of the Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) team in Thailand. Reporting directly to the Associate PSP Officer, this incumbent will oversee the work of the individual giving acquisition team who utilize any viable new donor recruitment channels including outsourced and in-house face-to-face fundraising, digital, multi-channel, DRTV and future new fundraising channels.
In a country where international staff cannot communicate in the language of the majority of these donors and partners (Thai), the responsibility accorded to the position to pass official messages and represent the UNHCR in official ways is heightened.
This position has a key role to play in day-to-day supervision of the Acquisition Team, comprising five staff through team leadership, motivation and staff development.
Accountability (key results that will be achieved)
· The annual acquisition income target is achieved according to agreed annual budget and plan.
· The annual acquisition expenditure budget is under control according to agreed annual budget.
Responsibility (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
· Contribute to the development and implementation of the Private Sector Partnerships Programme in Thailand, with a focus on donor acquisition.
· Effectively manage the Acquisition Team to increase the funds raised in Thailand for UNHCR through a variety of new audiences and channels.
· Oversee all individual giving programs including face-to-face fundraising using both outsourcing and in-house methods, Digital, DRTV, Lead Generation, Telemarketing and new fundraising channels.
· Coordinate the efforts of cross departmental integrated fundraising projects.
· Work with Senior PSP Assistant (Leadership Giving) to explore and identify individual giving opportunities arising from major/LG donors.
· Oversee the development, maintenance, updating and enhancement of communication messages and materials for print and internet-based online outlets in order to build a positive image conducive to donor acquisition.
· Manage and/or oversee the Acquisition Team's budget, expenditure, and human resources.
· Effectively monitor key performance indicators, using results to drive the acquisition strategy and developing areas with greatest potential.
· Drive the evolution of the acquisition programme in Thailand by looking for opportunities to appropriately grow, diversify and utilize new technology.
· Take an active role in the wider fundraising strategy, planning and implementation alongside other senior fundraising staff.
· Work with Associate PSP Officer in delivering accurate and timely reports to the relevant internal recipients inside UNHCR (country, regional and HQ level).
· Keep abreast of development of UNHCR's work both in the country and globally and communicate relevant information to the prospective audiences.
· Oversee donor acquisition activities during emergency fundraising situations and maintain accurate emergency response procedures.
· Support the team in ensuring emergency fundraising can be carried out as fast and effectively as possible including the smooth running of all administration processes related to donor acquisition.
· Oversee the PSP supplier arrangements and contracts for new donor acquisition and fundraising communications.
· Provide guidance and support to directly supervised staff and all other staff within the Acquisition Team in the delivery of targets across all acquisition channels.
· Perform any other related duties that may be required.
Authority (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
· Work with Associate PSP Officer to develop the annual PSP budget and plan relating to donor acquisition and communications.
· Promote and develop innovation into projects.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Thai national only.
· Undergraduate degree (equivalent of a BA/BS) in Marketing, International Relations, Journalism, Communications, Political/Social Sciences or related field.
· Minimum 1 year of professional experience in Private Sector Fundraising, in particular individual giving.
· Expertise and up-to-date knowledge in existing and private sector fundraising techniques such as direct marketing or direct response fundraising, telemarketing, monthly donor programmes such as face-to-face, mass appeals, digital fundraising and emergency fundraising.
· Proven project management skills for integrated fundraising or communications campaigns.
· Proven ability to meet fundraising targets.
· Knowledge of local institutions.
· Excellent written and spoken Thai language skills and excellent English language skills.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES:
· Experience with individual giving fundraising.
· Familiarity with the UN in general and a good knowledge of UNHCR operations both at Headquarters and in the Field.
· Good computer skills.
· Knowledge of refugee issues and of UNHCR or another human rights-oriented agency.
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 and Curriculum Vitae indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to: THABAHR@unhcr.org
Applications will not be acknowledged. Only the successful candidate will be notified the
outcome of the selection process.
UNHCR/P.11 and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and
Please note that the short-listed candidates are required to attend both written test and interview.
- All UNHCR staff members in Thailand
- UN organizations in Thailand
- Specialized Agencies
- Diplomatic Missions
- International NGOs
- Non-government Organizations