Community Services Intern (VA.No. 45/2017)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 45/2017
Community Services Intern
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
11 December 2017
Protection Associate (Community-Based) under supervision of Protection Officer
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
25 December 2017
(for a maximum of 6-months internship period)
Availability of the Internship As soon as possible
Work Plan and Assigned Tasks:
· Conduct needs assessment for asylum seekers who fall into special need categories and provide an initial written report for finalization by Protection Associate.
· Along with the Protection Associate or Protection Assistant, conduct home visits to vulnerable asylum seekers/refugees and assess their living conditions and protection needs.
· Conduct community services counseling sessions in Immigration Detention Centre (IDC) and Bangkok Refugee Centre (BRC).
· Conduct Best Interest Assessment (BID) for children.
· Enter data in the registration/ProGres database on community services tasks such as counseling, home visits, assistance and training.
· Provide counseling to asylum seekers and refugees with guidance from the Protection Unit.
· Draft relevant reports, for approval of Subsistence Cash Assistance (SCA), as needed.
· Assist in translation of documents English – Thai.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Thai national only.
· University degree in law, social sciences, international relations or related fields.
· Previous experience in community services and/or protection would be an asset.
· Fluency in English (written and spoken).
· Positive inter-personal skills.
· Excellent English reporting and drafting skills.
· Computer literate.
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 and Curriculum Vitae indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to: THABAHR@unhcr.org
Applications will not be acknowledged. Only the successful candidate will be notified the
outcome of the selection process.
UNHCR/P.11 and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and
Please note that the short-listed candidates are required to attend both written test and interview.