Database Associate (VA.NO.36/2018)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement no. 36/2018
(Extended Closing Date)
Equivalent to GS-6
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
04 September 2018
Associate PSP Officer (Thailand)
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
08 October 2018
Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Unit
Local Individual Contractor Agreement (LICA), UNOPS
Availability of the Post: As soon as possible
UNHCR is the UN Refugee Agency and takes the lead in providing international protection for 65 million refugees and displaced people worldwide.
Private Sector Partnerships Service (PSP) is a fast growing global division with offices in 19 countries across the world. In 2017, PSP recruited over 700,000 new individual private donors and our ambition is to quickly grow in size, scale and global reach.
In Thailand, PSP has been achieving outstanding results since its establishment in May 2008. Through its diversified fundraising channels; face to face and digital fundraising programmes, PSP generates the largest portion of funds that go directly to support refugees in Thailand. Due to the size of the database and the diversity of the audiences recruited, the office also operates a complex donor relationship management which is requiring an expert in order to manage it effectively.
In order to continue the successful growth of PSP Thailand and ensure that the donor database are developed to improve data quality and data process, PSP Thailand is now looking for a highly motivated and results driven database management specialist for a position of Database Associate to support migration of current database system to new Cloud-based database (Salesforce) and be responsible for performing regular data maintenance.
Scope of Assignment
- To advise on and act as technical focal point of PSP database migration project
- Monitor and execute data migration, perform further tests on the effectiveness of the new database system
- Monitor and execute implementations of the new database system with other interface systems (banks, payment systems, online, telemarketing etc.)
- Ensure prevention of sub-standard performance of the existing and the new database systems
- Ensure high quality backup of data, support accurate and efficient data drawing / generating process concerning both existing and the new system
- Provide up-to-date technical training for users on basic procedure and process within the Salesforce environment
- Provide support to users on a range of technical issues they may be facing
- Maintain a support log of issues for Salesforce support and independent consultant
Regular Database Maintenance
- Ensure that PSP Thailand meets the highest standards around data protection and duly observes data privacy laws applicable in Thailand
- Monitor best practices in the fundraising sector in Thailand as well as among other PSP offices
- Perform mass data changes and uploads, particularly during times of campaigns where prospect and/or donor data will need to be uploaded onto the system for fundraising purpose
- Provide support to users to create their own salesforce reports
- Develop tools and reports in the database system to fit PSP operations and donor behaviour analysis
- Advise on the solution for any technical problem encountered in the existing and the new database systems and coordinate with the vendors for improvement
- Undertakes other duties as assigned by supervisor
- University degree in Information Technology, Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, Data/Information Management, Statistics or related field
- Minimum 6-years experiences in donor/customer database design, management or IT system management proved to be relevant to donor, customer or membership database management.
- Proven experience in a fundraising or sales environment working on donor/customer care and data processing.
- Track record of driving new initiative that deliver improved donor/information management system.
- Proven experience of managing donor or customer records within a customer relationship database.
- Knowledge of MS office especially MS Word and Excel.
- Previous experience developing Cloud-based applications is an asset.
- Previous work experience with data migration is an asset.
- Written and spoken English
- Knowledge and experience of CRM systems – preferably Salesforce
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to collaborate with others, with a flexible and positive attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and under pressure
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 form, Curriculum Vitae and a copy of official ID card/national passport indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to:
Candidates who are not Thai nationals are required to submit with their application evidence of their right to work in Thailand.
Only candidates under positive consideration will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
UNHCR/P.11 and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and