Field Associate – Information Management (VA.NO.34/2018)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 34/2018
(Extended Closing Date)
Field Associate – Information Management
Equivalent to GS-6
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
27 August 2018
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
23 September 2018
Protection – Border Operation Information Management Unit
Mae Sot, Thailand
Local Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Availability of the Position As soon as possible
Scope of Assignment
- Support the Repatriation Officer and the Field Assistants (IMU), as well as all Field Offices, in the design, production and dissemination of IM products related to the preparedness for and conduct of the voluntary repatriation of refugees from Myanmar; e.g. refugee profiling, country of origin information, return monitoring analysis, list management, research, reports, geographical mapping, etc.
- Support the Repatriation Officer in all aspects of VolRep planning/analysis for information dissemination and related issues. This includes oversight and support of field colleagues on aspects related to VolRep and data management, including periodic updating of the VolRep Data Management SOP.
- Supervise the Information Management Unit (IMU), with support from the Repatriation Officer.
- Assist VolRep coordination services and cooperation with NGO/CBO actors, in particular related to dissemination of information products and other entities conducting information outreach in the camps.
- In close collaboration with UNHCR Myanmar, assist in the collation, data recording and analysis of refugee returns.
- As above, provide support to UNHCR Field Offices. Field missions will be undertaken, where needed.
- Oversee the Information Management Common Service platform and SharePoint.
- Translate documents and correspondence when necessary.
- Support overall outreach and public information functions (e.g., meetings, workshops, focus group discussion).
- Perform such other or additional relevant tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Required Competencies
- Completion of Secondary Education with post-secondary training/certificate in Information Management, Computer Science, Law, Political Science or related field.
- Post-secondary degree highly desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Thai.
- Minimum 6 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Computer skills (especially including Excel, Power Point, website management and other software/publishing tools and/or databases)
- Computer graphics and GIS experience highly desirable.
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 form, Curriculum Vitae and a copy of official ID card/national passport indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to:
Candidates who are not Thai nationals are required to submit with their application evidence of their right to work in Thailand.
Only candidates under positive consideration will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
UNHCR/P.11 and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and