Information Management Associate (VA.NO.30/2019)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 30/2019
Information Management Associate
Equivalent to GS-6
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
25 September 2019
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
08 October 2019
Local Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Availability of the Position 01 January 2020
UNHCR in Thailand works closely with the Royal Thai Government (RTG), together with international agencies and non-governmental organizations as well as government and private donors to address the protection, assistance and durable solutions needs of some 93,000 refugees from Myanmar in the nine RTG-run Temporary Shelters on the Thai/Myanmar border, and of over 5,000 urban refugees and asylum seekers from some 40 countries, and approximately 476,000 persons registered by the RTG as stateless.
Scope of Assignment
- Ensure that internal and external information sharing platforms are fit for purpose and regularly updated in line with the objective of making existing and planned products easily accessible to relevant audiences.
- Support the border field offices in their outreach campaigns and coordination on durable solutions by compiling relevant awareness material for the refugee population, promoting the most efficient outreach tools among border offices, and supporting coordination and awareness raising with external partners through regular updating of key information products.
- Support the urban protection activities of UNHCR Thailand by producing awareness materials and updating information materials targeting urban People of Concern (POCs), creating visual data products, and using UNHCR’s cloud based software to report on the activities of the Bangkok Refugee Center (BRC).
- Produce regular analysis on trends with regard to the urban and border populations in order to inform evidence-based advocacy and programmatic focus.
- Support the timely dissemination of information outputs focusing on statelessness produced by UNHCR, its partners and other relevant stakeholders.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Outputs produced are guided by the UNHCR country protection and solutions strategy, and communications strategy.
- Gaps in information and knowledge products and platforms are identified and addressed.
- Strong and collaborative working relationships built and maintained with the respective units (border, urban and statelessness).
- Performance evaluation will be conducted by the direct supervisor at the end of the contract.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Completion of Secondary Education with certificate/training in Information Management, Geographic Information Systems, Computer Science, Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences or related field.
- Post-secondary degree highly desirable.
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 6 years of previous job experience relevant to the function is required.
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, functions etc.).
- Experience with handling confidential data and demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies.
- Fluency in English and Thai in both written and verbal communication.
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
- Successful participation in the Operational Data management Learning Programme.
- Experience in web design and software development is an asset.
- Experience with relevant software such as ArcGIS, Mapinfo, SPSS, EpiInfo6, SQL Server, and/or proGres.
- Experience with HTML, PHP, ASP and/or Java is an asset.
- Proven skills to analyse statistical information.
- Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures.
- Experience with GIS software is an asset.
- Experience with video editing software is an asset.
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 form, Curriculum Vitae and a copy of official ID card/national passport indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to:
Candidates who are not Thai nationals are required to submit with their application evidence of their right to work in Thailand.
Only candidates under positive consideration will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
UNHCR/P.11 and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and