Field Associate (Protection) (VA.No.21/2018)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 21/2018
Field Associate (Protection)
Equivalent to GS-6
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
06 March 2018
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
19 March 2018
Local Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Availability of the Position As soon as possible
Scope of Assignment
- Stay alert of political, social, economic and cultural developments which may have an impact on the protection operating environment.
- Support UNHCR’s consultative process with local government counterparts, partners and persons of concern for effective needs and risk assessment and planning, including for the preparation of the AOR´s protection and durable solutions strategy.
- Support the implementation, reporting and evaluation of the AOR´s protection and durable solutions strategy and the delivery of its operational components.
- Facilitate and monitor UNHCR’s responses in addressing child protection priorities and other specific protection needs of persons with special needs (PSNs).
- Support the implementation of Best Interest Assessment/Determination Procedures (BIA/BID).
- Conduct sensitization of Child Protection Referral System (CPRS) for child protection activities, and monitor and assess its implemention by the community and CBO/NGO partners
- Facilitate the identification of durable solution needs of children at risk through assessment, monitoring, analysis and contact with populations of concern.
- Support effective systematization and management of child protection data (especially unaccompanied and separated children (UASCs)) to enhance monitoring, response and evaluation mechanisms.
- Conduct regular monitoring and reporting of child protection project implementation by COERR and provide technical support to COERR in the field of child protection.
- Maintain protection presence and promote confidence building through regular field visits to the 2 Temporary Shelters, making direct contact with persons of concern, local authorities and CBO/NGO partners.
- Perform any other duty, as requested.
Qualifications and Required Competencies
- Completion of post-secondary school.
- University degree in International Law, Political Science, International Relations or related field is an added value.
- Certificate/ training in International Law, Political Science or related field is required.
- Previous Job Experience: 6 years
- Job experience relevant to the function: 6 years
- Good computer skills.
- Knowledge of UNHCR software platform particularly proGres is an added value.
- Proficiency in English is essential.
- Knowledge of local language(s) in both written and verbal communication is desirable.
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 form, Curriculum Vitae and a copy of official ID card/national passport indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to:
Candidates who are not Thai nationals are required to submit with their application evidence of their right to work in Thailand.
Only candidates under positive consideration will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
UNHCR/P.11 and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and