Protection Conference Reporting Specialist (VA.No.11/FPS/DIP/2018)
TERMS OF REFERENCE
VN NUMBER: 11/FPS/DIP/2018
Organisation : U.N.H.C.R.
Job Title : Protection Conference Reporting Specialist
Duty Station : Home-Based- Preferably Bangkok (or with short mission to Bangkok)
Duration : 30 May 2018 – 13 June 2018
Contract Type : Individual Contractor
Closing date : 31 March 2018
General Background of Project or Assignment:
Each year the Global Protection Cluster organizes a Field Protection Clusters’ Retreat which brings together GPC partners from the field as well as the headquarters. This year, the Global Protection Cluster (GPC) and its Areas of Responsibility, led by the United Nations Children's Fund, the United Nations Population Fund, United Nations Mine Action Service and the Norwegian Refugee Council will join together in a Protection Conference under the broad theme of the 20th anniversary of the Guiding Principles on Internal Displacement. The Protection Conference 2018 will take place from 28 May to 1 June 2018 in Bangkok, Thailand.
OVERALL PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF ASSIGNMENT:
Under the supervision of the Senior Global protection Cluster Coordinator, the Individual Contractor will have the following responsibilities:
- cover the conference sessions and document session activities, outcomes and agreed actions;
- pull out key observations and emerging consensus;
- Produce and design final report that contains photographs and infographics.
Definition of the Final Product:
Produce and design final report that contains photographs and infographics.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Basic university degree in law, international law, international human rights law, international relations, international development, humanities or other related degree and relevant work experience of 8 years or 6 years with post graduate university degree.
- Substantial field-based experience in protection and management;
- Previous work experience in a cluster setting is desirable.
- Good knowledge of International Humanitarian Law, International Refugee and Human Rights Law;
- Good knowledge of the cluster structure as well as the particular inter-agency nature;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to successfully and effectively communicate with people in a multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent analytical skills: data analysis skills including the capacity to collect and analyse qualitative and quantitative data from various sources to produce meaningful analysis for strategic planning, programing, advocacy and other needs.
Interested applicants should submit the required documents listed below by e-mail to HQDIPVAC@unhcr.org referring to Vacancy Number 11/FPS/DIP/2018:
- Letter of motivation, addressing the personal requirements in the vacancy notice;
- Completed UN Personal History Form (P11) signed, including testimonials/degrees/certificates;
- The UN personal History Form is mandatory;
- P11 forms are available on www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc
- Applications received without a P11 will not be considered
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 31 March 2018
Geneva 12 March 2018