PSP Associate (Donor Development and Retention) (VA.NO.06/2019)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 06/2019
(Donor Development and Retention)
Equivalent to GS-6
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
09 January 2019
Associate PSP Officer
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
22 January 2019
Local Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Availability of the Position 01 March 2019
Scope of Assignment
- Contribute to the development and execution of the private sector fundraising strategy for UNHCR in Thailand with a focus on supporter development and loyalty.
- Ensure that PSP donor retention income targets are achieved in a cost effective manner.
- Conduct tests in donor development programme to ensure additional income to support refugees.
- Develop appropriate Middle Donor programme for UNHCR Thailand.
- Support the development and implementation of donor retention communications materials and activities for existing donors and for emergency appeals.
- Write content and supervise the design and production of the donor care materials.
- Supervise the call centre activities including; upgrading, reactivation and strategic testing of all techniques.
- Monitor and analyse key performance indicators for donor retention to improve life time value of donors. Analyze reports and propose recommendations to improve the programme performance.
- Provide the necessary assistance to help ensure key performance indicators (including both short term and long term retention rate) are achieved for the retention programmes and ensure the provision of quality and timely reporting of results to the PSP Team.
- Take lead in planning for the project of database and customer relationship marketing system.
- Supervise the implementation of database migration and management project by working with Database Manager and outsourced vendors.
- Monitor and report on progress against the work plan, expenditure, budget and targets.
- Keep abreast of developments on UNHCR’s work both in the country and worldwide and communicate all relevant information to the existing supporter base.
- Provide support in organizing day to day briefing, training and management of contractors to develop and implement donor retention plans.
- Oversee the PSP supplier arrangements and contracts for donor management and communications.
- Closely cooperate with the acquisition programme units and other departments in UNHCR Thailand to enhance the donor quality and retention.
- Supervise PSP Assistant to implement donor retention and development plan.
- Perform other responsibilities/functions deemed necessary or as delegated by the Representative/Associate PSP Officer in order to meet the level of the services in the organization.
Qualifications and Required Competencies
- Completion of secondary or high school education with post-secondary certificate/training in the private sector fundraising, communications and marketing or other related discipline.
- Minimum six years of experience in private sector fundraising, communication, marketing or journalism with at least one year experience in working with an international NGO or the UN preferable.
- Fluency in English and Thai language (both written and spoken).
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Proven experience working in donor retention / development programmes.
- Proven experience in supervising call centre.
- Previous experience in supervising database migration and setting up a CRM system would be an asset.
- Interpersonal skill and excellent in building relationship.
- Ability to analyze performance report will be an advantage.
- Experience in providing training and motivation is preferred.
- MS Office proficiency.
- Well-organized to manage several stakeholders and ensure to deliver according to deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to deal with multiple tasks in a courteous and service oriented manner in a demanding working condition.
- Good analytical skills, including the use of Excel, and an ability to interpret complex marketing data.
- Mature, polite and a team player is essential.
- Demonstrated knowledge the NGO sector and private sector fundraising.
- Ability to work and deliver under tight deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of English / written, oral, comprehension.
- Good presentation skills.
- Ability to interface effectively and professionally with key UNHCR staff.
- Thai nationality is preferable.
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 form, Curriculum Vitae and a copy of official ID card/national passport indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to:
Candidates who are not Thai nationals are required to submit with their application evidence of their right to work in Thailand.
Only candidates under positive consideration will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
UNHCR/P.11 and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and