Senior PSP Assistant (Fundraising Communications) (VA.NO.03/2019)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 03/2019
Senior PSP Assistant (Fundraising Communications)
Equivalent to GS-5
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
09 January 2019
Associate PSP Officer
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
22 January 2019
Local Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Availability of the Position 01 February 2019
Under the overall supervision of the Associate PSP Officer, the individual contractor will assist in the following
- Provide assistance in the development of a communications strategy for UNHCR Thailand to support the fundraising activities.
- Act as UNHCR Thailand brand champion to increase UNHCR visibility in the media and in the field.
- Organize UNHCR’s public awareness event in Thailand
- act as a focal point for the coordination of brand awareness events such as World Refugee Day and Refugee Film Festival;
- provide support to generate local media visiblity for the fundraising campaigns in Thailand
- assist in planning and organising advertisements, exhibitions, conferences, meetings, social events and other activities to promote a better understanding of UNHCR’s activities and accomplishments.
- Strengthen existing partnerships with key media outlets and initiate new partnerships with media to fundraise for UNHCR Thailand.
- Provide support in building relationship and engagement with Goodwill Ambassador.
- Draft briefing notes, talking points, minutes, press releases, reports including situation reports and other papers as needed.
- Accompany visits of foreign delegations, donor missions and the media on field trips to refugee sites, giving appropriate briefings, interpreting support and commentaries.
- Establish contacts with local organisations and media to promote general interest and understanding of refugee issues including fundraising partnership.
- Ensure the office is kept informed of local developments and keep track of evolving issues concerning displaced persons and refugees to be able to suggest stories and topics for the media to cover.
- Closely cooperate with the Regional Communications Officer and Global Fundraising Communications Deparment to ensure the fundraising communication activities in Thailand are in line with global and regional communications strategy.
- Provide other support to the PSP team as required.
Qualifications and Required Competencies
- Completed High School certificate and/or University level education in communication, marketing or other related fields.
- Minimum five year’s experience in PR, private sector fundraising, communication, marketing or journalism with at least one year experience in working with an international NGO or the UN preferable.
- Well-connected network of media in Thailand.
- Interpersonal skill and excellent in building relationship.
- Previous experience in organising event will be an advantage.
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 form, Curriculum Vitae and a copy of official ID card/national passport indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to:
Candidates who are not Thai nationals are required to submit with their application evidence of their right to work in Thailand.
Only candidates under positive consideration will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
UNHCR/P.11 and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and