PSP Associate (Training Coordinator) (VA.NO.02/2019)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 02/2019
PSP Associate (Training Coordinator)
Equivalent to GS-6
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
4 April 2019
Assistant PSP Officer (Acquisition)
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
18 April 2019
Local Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Availability of the Position Immediately
Under the overall supervision of the Assistant PSP Officer, the individual contractor will assist in the following:
The primary focus of the role is to coach and support the Individual Giving and Donor Retention and Development teams in terms of training, performance management, fundraising, and communication so that Individual Giving teams are better equipped, trained, motivated to raise funds and Donor Development team is able to reduce the attrition rate and increase extra funding for UNHCR Thailand.
Training Coordinator Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with F2F manager and Digital Fundraising Manager to monitor and analyze fundraising results of outsourced, In-house Face-to-Face and telemarketing teams and identify training needs as individually and as a team.
- Provide feedback and analysis on performance and fundraising activities to the concerned supervisor and deliver to fundraisers individually and as a team.
- In case additional training and/or support is needed, conduct 1:1 sessions with fundraisers.
- Ensure that all fundraisers and teams are maintaining optimal performance and recruiting quality donors.
- Lead in the delivery of training sessions and in the development plan for training and coaching, including regular and ongoing training and briefing sessions.
- Present UNHCR programs in a professional manner (including appearance and communications with the public) and maintain an interest in and awareness of UNHCR’s role in refugee protection work.
- Assess the existing skills and areas of improvement and conduct regular site visits to monitor, support, and coach – more than once per week and keep their motivation at the highest levels.
- Monitor on regular basis the performances of each recruting channel with the objective of proposing ameliorations to be introduced with the aim of better achieving recruting targets in order to attain the development plan of the program.
- Prepare and maintain all training materials regarding all different session to be delivered both to new resources and to existing ones, with particular attention to general training topics (mission, vision, fundraising techniques, etc.) as well as on more specialistic topics (e.g. average donation increase, special campaigns script, digitally and manually supported pitching, lead generation, donation channel, etc.)
- Ensure consistency in the implementation of training programs nationwide.
- Report on daily duties, campaign site visits, coaching sessions, and performance management to Assistant PSP Officer on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Complete training and implementation of UNHCR standards for training and development, quality control, branding and program analysis (including manuals).
- Support key priorities within the training and development framework i.e. working with fundraisers as individually and as a team to ensure training outcomes are met.
- Ensure the customer service experience is at the highest level in the industry through training of training of managers and fundraising teams.
- Work in various locations as required, delivering training, coaching and feedback.
- Support in proposing a incentive and recognition program, creating a fun and motivational sales environment.
- Prepare daily reporting of UNHCR metrics including reporting on KPIs, team performance and locations.
- Communicate with Assistant PSP Officer and Individual Giving team manager regarding results, incentives and recognition.
- Manage the Mystery shopping program across all locations and programs (quality control).
- Support Individual Giving team Managers through reviewing weekly Performance Management of all teams nationally, weekly catch-ups and developing work plans.
- Implementing train-the-trainer sessions for subject matter experts.
- Developing communication materials, scripts and pitching content and design for face to face (F2F), digital, multi-channels and direct TV fundraising.
- Developing and reviewing donor acquisition content and design for face to face (F2F), digital, multi-channels and direct TV fundraising donors.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Donor Retention and Development
Work closely with Donor Retention and Development Manager to
- Review special appeal to make sure it reach maximum impact.
- Analyze and identify training needs for calling team of existing donors.
- Motivate and encourage other team members.
- Lead by example in positive attitude, punctuality, time management, professionalism, problem solving ability, and consistency.
- Relay organizational information to team members.
- Find creative ways to motivate and encourage own team to achieve targets.
Qualifications and Required Competencies
- Completion of secondary education in Sales and Marketing, Business Administration, Communication Arts, Public Relations, Training, Human Resources Management, or related field.
- Good command of English and Thai languages.
- A minimum of 6 years experience working in recruiting and training in any function. Within a Face to Face/Sales program is an asset.
- Proven experience working and managing within a face to face, fundraising or sales program is an asset.
- Hands-on experience implementing multiple training events in a fundraising setting.
- Proven track record meeting KPIs in a fundraising or sales environment.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to manage relationships with a large and culturally diverse team.
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Performance driven strong attitude and approach
- Excellent communication, negotiation and drafting skills
- Ability to communicate the objectives and vision of the organisation to staff.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern sale training methods and techniques.
- MS Office proficiency
Please submit your Motivation Letter, Personal History form, Curriculum Vitae and a copy of official ID card/national passport indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to:
Candidates who are not Thai nationals are required to submit with their application evidence of their right to work in Thailand.
Only candidates under positive consideration will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
UNHCR Personal History Form and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and