Event Coordination Assistant (In-House Face to Face) (VA.NO.13/2019)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 13/2019
Event Coordination Assistant (In-House Face to Face)
Equivalent to GS-2
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
29 October 2019
Assistant PSP Officer (Thailand)
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
12 November 2019
Local Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Availability of the Position as soon as possible
Under the overall supervision of the Assistant PSP Officer, the individual contractor will assist in the following:
- Secure event sites (outdoor and indoor) for short term and long term partnerships for F2F fundraising booths.
- Maintain and develop relationship with new and existing location providers to ensure UNHCR has event spaces for the teams.
- Secure team building and training spaces for the teams.
- Explore the opportunity to expand F2F fundraising into new territories such as Door to Door.
- Survey, contact and build good relationship with venue management staff of an event site.
- Plan, organize, and monitor event schedule and results on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Analyze and improve the performance of the locations and teams.
- Coordinate UNHCR event plans with the outsourced face to face fundraising agencies.
- Manage administrative work in areas of event management; sending proposal, confirmation letter, thank you message and necessary actions.
- Provide any other duties as required by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Required Competencies
- Bachelor degree in any related field
- Minimum 2 years working experience and / or one year experience related to event management preferably in direct sales or F2F marketing.
- Languages - Good command of English and Thai languages.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Good skills of sale, communication, negotiation and convincing.
- Discipline in time management and be punctual.
- Excellent in interpersonal skills and pleasant personality.
- Good skills in all MS office.
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 form, Curriculum Vitae and a copy of official ID card/national passport indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to:
Candidates who are not Thai nationals are required to submit with their application evidence of their right to work in Thailand.
Only candidates under positive consideration will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
UNHCR/P.11 and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and