PSP Associate (Digital) (VA.NO.11/2019) - RO
UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES (UNHCR)
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Vacancy Notice No. 11/2019
Title of Post
PSP Associate (Digital)
General Service, G6
Type of contract
Date of Issue
20 June 2019
Effective date of assignment
1 July 2019
04 July 2019
Operational Context: (include details here on the “ideal” candidate – both in terms of soft skills, as well as technical/functional skills etc).
The candidate should have experience in digital marketing, sale & marketing, or other related fields. S/he is needed to have a sound demonstrated skills in dealing with digital assets i.e website, social media, mobile and analytic platforms. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate awareness of the refugee issues. Experience with non-profit organizations or UN agencies would be an asset.
Functional Statement: (to be taken from the job description)
Accountability (key results that will be achieved)
- The funds raised by digital, direct response TV and multi-channels fundraising channels are significantly increased.
- Accuracy of digital, direct response TV and multi-channels fundraising Management, Reporting and Monitoring is ensured.
- Strong partnerships are developed with key digital, direct response TV and multi-channels partners.
Responsibility (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Actively engage in the development and implementation of PSP Digital Fundraising Strategy in close collaboration with the Global Digital Team.
- Produce regular campaigns and programme analysis of the digital, direct response TV and multi-channels fundraising programmes.
- Develop detailed digital fundraising analytics reports and benchmarks including competitor analysis.
- Proactively engage with key digital, direct response TV and multi-channels partners with the aim to increase fundraising revenue.
- Work with suppliers to develop and implement direct response TV, digital advertising production and multi-channels fundraising activities.
- Monitor expenditure and billing for digital, direct response TV and multi-channels fundraising programmes.
- Develop best practice for digital, direct response TV and multi-channels fundraising, including attribution guidelines.
- Explore innovations in direct response TV and the integration with digital fundraising.
- Help implement new methods of fundraising and manage digital fundraising tests, such as crowd funding.
- Develop and encourage use of mobile fundraising to generate funds and engage new donors.
- Work with Digital Engagement Section to ensure PSP Thailand has strong email fundraising cycle in place.
Authority (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
- Develop PSP digital, DRTV and multi-channels fundraising strategy.
- Advise and decide on digital, DRTV and multi-channels investment.
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Secondary education with additional certificate/training in Digital Marketing, Sale & Marketing, Communication, Marketing or other related field.
- Minimum of 6 years’ sales and marketing work experience and at least 3 years in digital and integrated fundraising from non-profit sector or UN agencies, integrated marketing communication, fundraising from individual donors, Communication, Marketing, New Media management and development.
- Strong knowledge of digital assets i.e. website, social media, mobile and analytics platforms such as Facebook and Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of digital measurement metrics, and experience with producing online performance reports for senior stakeholders.
- Experience in working with content-management systems and e-mail marketing tools.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment. Strong written and verbal skills.
- Professional experience within the not-for-profit sector, UN agencies or international institutions is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Thai language (both written and spoken).
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
- Passionate in refugee/displaced person causes and interested in a humanitarian organization.
- Ability to work well within a collaborative environment.
- Highly motivated, with an ability to complete tasks, with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to engage a wide range of key stakeholders.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong project management and organizing skills.
- Adaptability, flexibility and problem-solving skills.
- Empowering and Building Trust
- Managing Performance
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Analytical Thinking
- Technological Awareness
- Planning and Organizing
Internal candidates: Interested staff members should consult the Policy and Procedures on Assignments of Locally recruited Staff (IOM/49-FOM/50/2012 dated 15 June 2012). If you have questions regarding your eligibility, you may also contact the HR Unit.
An applicant who has internal status is a staff member holding an indefinite or fixed-term appointment in any duty station in the country. Former UNHCR General Service staff members, having held an indefinite or fixed-term appointment for an uninterrupted period of at least one year may apply for internally advertised vacancies at their previous grade or equivalent or one grade above, if the seniority requirements are met, for a period of two years following separation (if such criteria are not met, former staff members can still apply as external candidates).
External candidates: External candidates must meet the essential minimum requirements of the position and candidates not citizens of the country must comply with all eligibility requirements for employment in line with the prevailing legislative prerequisites in the country.
A competitive compensation and benefits package are offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: http://icsc.un.org
Submission of Applications:
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your letter of motivation, updated factsheet (for internals), signed Personal History Form (for externals) by e-mail clearly stating the position title, vacancy notice number and your Last Name in the subject line to: THAROPSP@unhcr.org by the closing date.
UNHCR Personal History Form and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm
No late applications will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a written test and/or oral interview. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing or any other fees).
UNHCR strongly encourages qualified female applicants for this position. UNHCR seeks to ensure that male and female employees are given equal career opportunities. UNHCR is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Refugees – who cares? We Do