Senior Data Management Assistant (VA.NO.01/2020)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 01/2020
Senior Data Management Assistant
Equivalent to GS-5
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
2 January 2020
Senior Protection Officer
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
15 January 2020
Local Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Availability of the Post As soon as possible (6-months contract with possible extension)
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Protection Officer, the incumbent will:
- Manage the use, maintenance and technical support of the statelessness databases used in the operation, including planning and overseeing data collection, input and verifications; production of standard and ad hoc reports.
- Update/modify the software/database to enchance functionality and reporting.
- Be responsible for the registration database, oversee data input and reporting in close collaboration with the Statelessness and Protection Units and UNHCR's partners.
- Archive and backup database systems; ensure security of databases; perform database and application administrator functions.
- Assist in training of UNHCR staff as well as staff members of project partners in relevant aspects of data management.
- Collaborate with project partners to advice the software technical issues and preparing routine reports.
- Prepare reports and project documents by providing information, preparing tables and drafting routine correspondence and reports.
- Assist in compilation of data and interpreting the statistics for various reports.
- Assist in the development of forms, tools and reports (including possible mobile tools) for data collection and analysis, if requested.
- Act as interpreter in the exchange of routine information and translate routine documents and correspondence as and when required.
- May be required to collect GIS data, update maps and undertake field trips to project sites.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experiences Requirements
- Thai national is preferable.
- University Degree in IT, Computer Sciences/Engineering, Data/Information Management, Statistics, Economics or related fields.
- Minimum 4 years of previous job experience relevant to the function or in data management, statistics, analysis, cloud/web based application and information technology.
- Previous work experience with UN agencies, non-governmental organizations or research networks is an asset.
- Previous exposure to thematic fields relating to access to nationality, civil registration, legislation on nationality is a strong asset.
Key Competencies Requirement
- Language Skills: Fluency in English (both oral and writing) is essential. Experience in translating written content and interpretation (Thai/English) during meetings and conferences will be a meaningful resource.
- Flexibility: The Senior Data Management Assistant is expected to spend a considerable amount of time travelling to project sites where monitoring activities are undertaken. Mission often take place over weekends and request to stay overnight in remote locations. Willingness to travel over long period of time and upon short notice is expected.
- Reporting: The Senior Data Management Assistant is expected to prepare monitoring reports reflecting the progress made by the project partner and the project staff members. He/she is expected to draft and structure reports and related content to be shared with stakeholders and counterparts
Please submit your Motivation Letter, duly signed P.11 form, Curriculum Vitae and a copy of official ID card/national passport clearly stating the position title, vacancy notice number and your Last Name in the subject line to: THABAHR@unhcr.org by the closing date.
Applications will not be acknowledged. Only the successful candidate will be notified of the outcome of the selection process.
P.11 form can be down loaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11SUP_UNHCR.docm