Senior Project Administrative Assistant (VA.NO.08/2020)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 08/2020
Senior Project Administrative Assistant
Equivalent to GS-5
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
14 January 2020
Assistant PSP Officer (Thailand)
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
28 January 2020
Local Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Availability of the Position as soon as possible
Under the overall supervision of the Assistant PSP Officer, the individual contractor will assist in the following:
- Provide administrative supervision and support to the recruitment of in-house F2F fundraisers; advertising of the vacancies, call for interview and general contact with the candidates including the archiving and maintaining records
- Coordinate with UN recruitment agency, UNOPS to ensure Human Resources services are provided for the in-house F2F Fundraiser; timely contract preparation, regular record on sick and annual leaves, medical reimbursement, etc.
- Support in organising the training and motivation activities of the F2F teams.
- Provide general administrative, management and logistics support for the F2F programs.
- Provide general support for the in-house F2F Fundraising Manager or Team Leaders on office administration such as reimbursement and advance.
- Prepare fundraising materials for each fundraisers in a timely manner.
- Monitor the inventory of fundraising materials.
- Support the travel arrangement of fundraising team for the road trips; travel requests, travel plans and bookings of travel and accommodation.
- Assist to supervise fundraising event locations for the F2F programs; location survey, contact the venue provider, including prepare documents for event rental fee and other necessary cost.
- Develop positive and long-term relationships and acquire new premium event locations for the F2F teams.
- Provide any other administrative duties as required by the F2F and PSP teams.
Qualifications and Required Competencies
- Completion of secondary school education, preferably with further education in
- Minimum five years of general clerical work (or 6 months experience with advanced university degree), preferably in the UN system.
- Languages - Good command of English and Thai languages.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in English.
- Organizational skills.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and of clerical practices.
- Ability to work well within a collaborative environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure with competing deadlines.
- Ability to respond to work related inquiries in an appropriate manner.
- Persuasive and persistent
- Proficient in basic computer software (MS Word, Power point, Excel, Adobe Reader)
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 form, Curriculum Vitae and a copy of official ID card/national passport indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to:
Candidates who are not Thai nationals are required to submit with their application evidence of their right to work in Thailand.
Only candidates under positive consideration will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
UNHCR Personal History Form (PHF) and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and