Assistant PSP Officer (BI Solution Developer) (VA.No.05/2019) - RO
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Regional Office for South-East Asia
Vacancy Announcement No. 05/2019
Assistant PSP Officer (BI Solution Developer)
Equivalent to P-1
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
20 February 2019
Senior Global PSP Officer
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
06 March 2019
Private Sector Partnerships Service
International Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Availability of the Position 1 April 2019
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Global PSP Office, and ICT Officer, the individual contractor will assist in the following:
- Work on Development of SSIS, SSAS, SQL, SSRS and Power BI technology.
- Design, develop and maintain existing business intelligence solutions.
- Design the Power BI Model and reports as per the requirements.
- Develop SQL queries, create tables, and stored procedure, views based on project requirements.
- Extract Data from different sources like MSRP, Share point and Sql server for developing data warehouse.
- Provide good solutions/approaches for any complex requirements.
- Create calculated measures using MDX and key performance indicator using OLAP cube
- Create calculated measures using DAX on Power BI and tabular cube
- Responsible for SSAS Multidimensional cube and Tabular Cube development and enhancement
- Load data into Fact and Dimensions using various SSIS transformation.
- Create SQL server job and schedule it based on requirements.
- Technical responsible for whole dashboard & visualization development from complex BI data with Microsoft Power BI.
- Support team in fixing issues related to reports and data issue.
- Responsible for testing new development prior to giving to the tester.
- Create a deployment package and script for new development that needs to be deployed in Production.
- Create documentation for the new developments
Qualifications and Required Competencies
- Bachelor degree in ICT or related field
- Minimum one year professional working experience.
- Knowledge of fundraising activities and financial reporting cycle in an international context.
- Previous working experience with the UN and/or exposure to work in similar contexts is considered an advantage
- Fluency in English.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Determination to meet deadlines.
- Have a strong sense of responsibility in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work with others and to be a team player.
- Experienced in using Microsoft Business Intelligence like SSAS,SSIS,SSRS,SQL,Power BI,MDX and DAX
- Provide maintenances and change requests development needed for the BI tools related to the PSP reporting solution and the BI cloud.
- Strong ability to produce and analyse new change requests and issues.
- SharePoint Information Delivery Skills or equivalent technology.
Please submit your Motivation Letter, UNHCR Personal History Form, Curriculum Vitae and a copy of official ID card/national passport indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to:
Only candidates under positive consideration will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
UNHCR Personal History Form and supplementary form can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and