Assistant Private Sector Partnerships Officer (Fundraising Support) (VA.NO. PSP003/2020)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Regional Bureau Office for Asia & the Pacific
Vacancy Announcement No. PSP/003/2020
Assistant Private Sector Partnerships Officer (Fundraising Support)
Equivalent to IICA-1 (P1)
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
17 February 2020
Associate PSP Officer (Business Support)
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
9 March 2020
Private Sector Partnerships Service (PSP), Division of External Relations
International Individual Contractor Agreement
Availability of the Position as soon as possible
The Assistant PSP Officer (Fundraising Support) works under the direct supervision of the Fundraising Support Unit and is based in Bangkok. This is a specialized and critical global support role that ensures that all Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) country operations have the necessary support in the planning, engagement, management and oversight of fundraising support relationships with the private sector suppliers including procurement and contract management.
The incumbent maintains frequent contacts with fundraisers and Regional Managers across the PSP network, and validates annual procurement plans against approved PSP country and program spending authorities. They also are responsible for maintaining high-levels of oversight to ensure that all engagement and transactions are in compliance with UNHCR budgetary, financial & procurement rules, policies and procedures.
The incumbent is responsible for:
- Ensure the PSP annual fundraising services plan is delivered and managed over a quarterly basis in line with approved PSP markets' budgets.
- Manages and updates PSP fundraising procurement plan on SharePoint
- Manages and update global contract repository on SharePoint
- Data consolidation and visualization to assist internal decision making processes
- Designing brand compliant templates for all procurement activities to purchase fundraising services
- Track budgets and prepare reports
- Build effective communication with the PSP network to ensure most efficient and cost-effective delivery
Qualifications and Required Competencies
- University degree or other relevant discipline. A Master's Degree will be considered an asset.
- Minimum of 1 year working experience relevant to the position
- Proven support to coordinating international teams
- Demonstrated experience in establishing & maintaining good relationships with colleagues/partners/clients/suppliers.
- Knowledge and experience of supporting specialized projects and/or events.
- Experience in PeopleSoft, Excel and SharePoint.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Experience working with donors, clients and fundraising services agencies.
- Have excellent MS Office knowledge (Word, Excel, PPT, Sway, Power BI) and design skills
- Basic knowledge of MS SharePoint is required
- Basic data visualization skill is required
- Have excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in another UN language (Spanish or French) is an asset
- Demonstrate a genuine desire to learn and develop
- Be flexible, team-player
- Be able to take the initiate when tasks require independent working
- Be creative
- Be passionate about the refugee cause
Please submit your Motivation Letter, UNHCR Personal History Form (PHF) form, Curriculum Vitae and a copy of official ID card/national passport indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to: THAROPSP@unhcr.org.
Only candidates under positive consideration will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
UNHCR Personal History Form (PHF) and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and