Senior Protection Assistant (VA.No.03/2019) - RO
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Regional Office for South-East Asia in Bangkok, Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 03/2019
Senior Protection Assistant
Local Support ICA, Level GS-5
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement: 24 January 2019
Senior Regional Protection Officer (Statelessness)
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement: 30 January 2019
Contractual Status: Local Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Availability of the Position As soon as possible
Scope of Assignment
Under the supervision and guidance of the Senior Regional Protection Officer (Statelessness), the incumbent will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist and liaise with the relevant authorities and personnel to organize and execute the logistical requirements for a successful Regional Preparatory Meeting.
- Liaise with relevant UNHCR country office staffs and/or Government officials, and assist them as appropriate to prepare for the Meeting; including, but not limited to, supporting the preparation of #IBelong Campaign progress reports and coordinating with an aim to preparing concrete pledges under the Campaign.
- Take notes at the Meeting and assist in preparing a report of the Meeting after the event concludes.
- Undertake such other relevant duties as may be assigned by the supervisor. Details tasks and responsibilities include:
- Invitations and information to participants
- Accommodation arrangements
- Ground transport
- Conference Venue
- Conference Venue
- Conference reference materials and banners
- Participants registration and information support
- Report of the Meeting
- Note-taking task
- Preparation of the Report
- Other logistics
Qualifications and Required Competencies
- A Bachelor degree in Law, International Relations, Human Rights, Social Sciences or similar is essential.
- A Master degree in the above mentioned specializations is a strong asset.
- Any additional degree or qualification certifying legal, political or sociological skills is a strong asset.At least one year of related professional experience with refugees or migrants, including international experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience of working on statelessness, citizenship, documentation or in related field.
- Fluency in English both oral and writing is essential.
- Knowledge of statelessness and related international norms and standards, knowledge of relevant national laws, policies, rules and procedures is required.
- Experience of working with UN agencies, non-governmental organizations or Government agencies is an asset.
- Previous experience in organizing an international meeting or workshop on statelessness is an asset.Strong knowledge of UNHCR protection policies and interviewing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and coordinate with and between government officials and releavnt personnel is required.
- Excellent inter-personal and team-working skills, flexibility, excellent drafting skills in English, negotiation and working in a multi-cultural and multi-functional team is highly desirable.
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 form, Curriculum Vitae and a copy of official ID card/national passport indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to: THAROBKK@unhcr.org
Candidates who are not Thai nationals are required to submit with their application evidence of their right to work in Thailand.
Only candidates under positive consideration will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
UNHCR/P.11 and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11SUP_UNHCR.docm