Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Associate (Face-to-Face) (VA.No.38/2017)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 38/2017
Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Associate
General Service (GS) - 6
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
14 November 2017
Associate PSP Officer (Thailand)
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
27 November 2017
Availability of the Position As soon as possible
UNHCR is the UN Refugee Agency and takes the lead in providing international protection for 51 million refugees and displaced people worldwide.
Private Sector Partnerships Service (PSP) is a fast growing global division with offices in 14 countries across the world. In 2016, PSP recruited over 250,000 new individual private donors and our ambition is to quickly grow in size, scale and global reach. Direct dialogue fundraising, or face to face fundraising, is at the heart of our growth strategy, currently accounting for over 80% of new donors recruited globally each year. It is through the efforts of the fundraisers working in this direct sales environment that we not only raise vital funds for refugees but also build the UNHCR brand. In Thailand, PSP has been achieving outstanding results since its establishment in May 2008. Through in-house and outsourced face to face fundraising programmes, PSP generates the largest portion of funds that go directly to support refugees in Thailand. UNHCR is now looking for a highly motivated and driven fundraiser, with a background in either direct sales, private sector fundraising or marketing to oversee, develop and grow this vital income stream for the organisation. They will also have responsibility for the supervision of UNOPS staff within the in-house face to face fundraising teams and the coordination of any vendors related to the agency face to face fundraising operation.
Accountability (key results that will be achieved)
· PSP income is generated by effectively developing and managing face to face fundraising campaigns.
Responsibility (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
· Assist the PSP Associate (Individual Giving) in the implementation of the overall strategic plans for the face to face (F2F) fundraising programmes.
· Ensure key performance indicators are achieved for the F2F fundraising programmes and that reporting of results are delivered to the PSP Team and Senior Management in a timely manner.
· Liaise closely with the outsourced vendors operating F2F fundraising programmes for UNHCR and other related partners, and provide location management as needs arise.
· Assist in the development and management of various external partnerships including shopping malls and event organizers to secure long-term location space for F2F fundraising.
· Ensure that both the in-house and agency F2F fundraisers receive appropriate training about UNHCR issues and represent the Agency in a professional manner.
· Regularly visit the Fundraisers at the campaign sites to monitor performance, deliver training and provide motivation.
· Develop effective F2F fundraising campaign contents and materials that will be used across all F2F programmes.
· Provide regular analytical reports covering the acquisition and response rates by location, age, gender and other important criteria to the Team.
· Assist in managing, organizing and delivering the equipment and supplies necessary for the F2F operations.
· Closely cooperate with the donor care unit to enhance donor quality and retention.
· Supervise UNOPS staff in charge of the in-house programme, locations and administrative work.
· Perform other relevant duties as required.
Authority (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
· Monitor the performance of UNOPS staff coordinating the in-house programme under the guidance of the Associate PSP Officer (Thailand).
· Monitor the performance of F2F Fundraisers of both the in-house and agency programmes.
· Liaise on PSP matters with outsourced vendors and other related partners on behalf of UNHCR.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
· Thai national only.
· Completion of secondary or high school education with post-secondary certificate/training in the private sector fundraising, sales and marketing or other related discipline.
· Minimum 6 years of working experience in relevant areas especially in F2F fundraising, Direct Sales or Marketing, with a two-year work experience in UN agencies or other international organizations.
· Ability to build and lead face to face fundraising teams and also act as a team player.
· Fluency in English and Thai language (both written and spoken).
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
· Skills in human resources management.
· Previous experience in the recruitment and retention of fundraising or sales staff.
· Experience in training and motivating sales teams.
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 and Curriculum Vitae indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to: THABAHR@unhcr.org
Applications will not be acknowledged. Only the successful candidate will be notified of the outcome of the selection process.