Registration Intern (VA.No. 31/2017)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 31/2017
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
03 August 2017
Assistant Information System Officer (Refugee Systems) in coordination with RSD Officer
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
18 August 2017
Availability of the Post As soon as possible (2 – 6 months)
Duties and Responsibilities
1. To assist Registration/Protection Assistant to update the information concerning documents issued, protection interview, assistance, counseling into the database system.
2. To assist Registration/Protection Assistant in preparing, arranging, updating and locating Individual Case physical file.
3. To assist Protection/Registration Assistant to organize and coordinate with interpreters in the team in terms of interview scheduling, translation of claim, transcription of protection/RSD interview.
4. To collect registration related information and assist Registration/Protection Assistant to prepare daily/weekly/monthly summary report.
5. To assist Protection Assistant to receive Refugee/Asylum seekers phone call, provide basic counseling through the phone and record these phone call into the database system.
6. To assist Protection Assistant to receive Refugees/Asylum Seekers at the gate and record their arrival in the register.
7. To assist Reception team to take care of children in ‘the happy corner” to prevent disturbance that could create possible security concern in the area.
8. To perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
For Thai national only.
Education and Skills: University degree in Law (LLB, LLM), Political Science, Social Science or any related field.
Experience: Previous experience in working with people from different cultural and social backgrounds is an advantage.
Languages: Excellent knowledge of English (drafting and oral skills). Knowledge of other UN language is desirable.
Please submit your P.11, resume and motivation letter, indicating vacancy announcement number and position title to THABAHR@unhcr.org
Application will not be acknowledged. Only successful candidate will be notified of the outcome of the selection process.
P.11 form can be downloaded from: http://unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/p11.doc
- All UNHCR staff members in Thailand
- UN organizations in Thailand
- Specialized Agencies
- Diplomatic Missions
- International NGOs
- Non-government Organizations