Training Associate (VA.No. RO-02/2017)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Regional Office for South-East Asia
Vacancy Announcement No. RO-02/2017
General Service (G- 6)
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
31 July 2017
eCentre Coordinator, Regional Centre for Emergency Preparedness
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
13 August 2017
Regional Centre for Emergency Preparedness
Regional Office for South-East Asia in Bangkok, Thailand
Availability of the Position As soon as possible
Purpose and Scope of Assignment
UNHCR is the UN Refugee Agency and takes the lead in providing intentional protection for
over 51 million refugees and displaced people worldwide.
The Regional Centre for Emergency Preparedness, the eCentre has been working with Governments, Non-governmental organizations and UN Agencies throughout Asia and the Pacific to strengthen their capacity to prepare and respond to humanitarian emergency situations, whether caused by armed conflict, natural disasters, or large-scale rights and violations.
This work is done through
· Organizing trainings on emergency preparedness and safety, symposiums, conferences, tailored training and technical support for UNHCR field operations
· Making available knowledge resources
· Supporting network of practitioners
Under the direct supervision of Coordinator, Regional Centre for Emergency Preparedness, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
- Facilitate travel and financial arrangements of participants;
- Notify applicants of their acceptance (or rejection) for events;
- Track participants and trouble-shoot problems regarding travel arrangements;
- Assist in the selection and preparation of venues;
- Liaise and coordinate with management of venues;
- Facilitate the travel and financial arrangements of resource persons;
- Undertake missions to events as requested by the coordinator, assist in the local administration of events under the supervision of the Coordinator;
- Ensure financial follow-up after events;
- Ensure that resource support materials are made available in a timely manner prior to events;
- Assist the Coordinator in the organization and delivery of events, meetings, symposiums and related activities
- Assist the Coordinator in the production of training aids and workbooks
- Support the Coordinator in the preparation of project descriptions and budgets, the analysis of financial data, preparation of financial and narrative project monitoring reports;
- Assist the Coordinator in the preparation of contracts with institutional and corporate companies, to effect payments and bank transfers;
- Facilitate payments to contractors and other vendors supplying services to training events;
- Assist with financial data input, inventory control, commitment control and other procedures using MSRP.
- Liaise and maintain day-to-day relations with donor and NGO partners;
- Provide the Coordinator with advice in managing relations with local partners.
- Maintain eCentre documentation and archives.
- Liaise with and gather information on the similar activities carried out by other agencies and provide background information to the Coordinator for the development of training packages;
- Support the Coordinator with research on specific emergency preparedness and response topics as requested and under the guidance of the eCentre Coordinator
- Liaise with DESS, RBAP and other sections within UNHCR as required;
- Act as interpreter for the Coordinator at events, meetings and symposium in Thailand as required;
- Assist the Coordinator in providing oversight and day-to-day guidance of interns or other administrative support personnel.
- Perform other duties as required.
Thai national is preferred.
- Completion of the secondary education, preferably with emphasis in administration, international affairs and/or programme management,
- Minimum 6 years of relevant job experience, preferably in administration, training and programme management,
- Fluency in English (Oral and Written),
- Excellent computer skills, including MS office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and email,
- Excellent skills in financial management, reporting and administration
- Basic knowledge and skills of website and database management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to relate effectively with diverse stakeholders in sensitive multicultural environments,
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team, flexibility and adaptability,
- Ability to handle stressful challenges and good humor are essential.
- Ability to work independently is essential
- Commitment to humanitarian ideals and the principles of the United Nations.
- Knowledge of UNHCR programming systems, including People Soft/MSRP ;
- Advanced knowledge/skills in database and website management;
- Experience in preparation and involvement in capacity building events;
- Experience with a UN, NGO or government organization dealing with emergency response to humanitarian crisis.
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 and Curriculum Vitae indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to: email@example.com
Applications will not be acknowledged. Only the successful candidate will be notified of the outcome of the selection process.
P.11 form can be down loaded from: http://unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/p11.doc