Community Services Intern (VA No. 25/2017)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 25/2017
Community Services Intern
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
20 June 2017
Protection Associate (Community-Based) under supervision of Associate Protection Officer
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
05 July 2017
(for a maximum of 6-months internship period)
Availability of the Internship As soon as possible
Work Plan and Assigned Tasks:
· Conduct needs assessment for asylum seekers who fall into special need categories and provide an initial written report for finalization by Protection Associate.
· Along with the Protection Associate or Protection Assistant, conduct home visits to vulnerable asylum seekers/refugees and assess their living conditions and protection needs.
· Conduct community services counseling sessions in IDC and Bangkok Refugee Center (BRC).
· Conduct Best Interest Assessment (BIA) for children.
· Enter data in the registration/ProGres database on community services tasks such as counseling, home visits, assistance and training.
· Provide counseling to asylum seekers and refugees with guidance from the Protection Unit.
· Draft relevant reports, for approval of Subsistence Cash Assistance (SCA), as needed.
· Assist in translation of documents English-Thai.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Thai national only
· University degree in law, social sciences, international relations or related fields
· Previous experience in community services and/or protection would be an asset
· Fluency in English (written and spoken)
· Positive inter-personal skills
· Excellent English reporting and drafting skills
· Computer literate
Please submit your P.11, resume and application letter, indicating vacancy announcement number and position title to: THABAHR@unhcr.org
Application will not be acknowledged. Only successful candidate will be notified of the outcome of the selection.
P.11 form can be downloaded from: http://unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/p11.doc