Registration/IT Associate (VA.No. 17/2017)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 17/2017
General Service (GS) - 6
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
20 April 2017
Assistant Protection Officer
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
03 May 2017
Field Office in Kanchanaburi
Local Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Availability of the Post As soon as possible
Scope of Assignments
1. Assist in implementation of agreed registration strategies and systems for populations of concern to meet standards for registration and to enhance the protection management of operations and assist in implementation and monitoring data management best practices.
2. Assist in implement methodologies and operate technology required to implement registration processes and achieve standards.
3. Assist in providing 1st-level proGres technical support and on-site assistance. This is to include data/system recovery and proGres user training. Also provide workable and sustainable solutions to hardware/software problems following discussion with users.
4. Facilitate and/or dispatch data collection in the local operation, including data collection methodology, data processing and data analysis.
5. Support the field office team on management of registration and maintenance of population information.
6. Provide technical support for the Ministry of Interior registration teams and for partners to conduct registration and to manage registration data on a continuous basis, including through regular visits to refugee camps for this purpose.
7. Assist staff on planned registration activities, assist in reviewing plans on registration and requests to ensure that they are in agreement with standards.
8. Work with the Assistant IT Officer (Refugee Systems) to ensure statistics and other reports are produced accurately and timely.
9. Monitor and maintain the LAN, Network Servers, Printers, LAN points, Hubs, Patch Panel, etc. to prevent faults occurring, and ensure that information systems recover is done as quickly as possible by making regular system back-ups.
10. Provide technical user-support services and training in UNHCR applications, including e-mail, upgrade the software when instructed.
11. Support UNHCR resettlement operation by providing necessary registration documents, verifying relevant data, and handling data management.
12. Perform any other duty, as requested.
Qualifications and Experiences Requirements
· Thai national only
· Completion of Secondary Education
· Certificate/training in Social Science, Social Work, Information Technology and/or a related field
· Ability to support network (LAN) and IT equipment
· Knowledge of computer application packages
· Previous Job Experience: 6 years
· Job experience relevant to the function: 2 years
· Proficiency in English is essential
· Knowledge of local language(s) of the population of concern is an advantage
· Knowledge of UNHCR software platform particularly progress
Required Functional Competencies:
· Providing Protection Information
· Implementing and Maintaining Systems
· Maintaining the Network
· System Administration
· Data Handling
· Supporting Users
Required Cross-Functional Competencies:
· Analytical Thinking
· Innovation and Creativity
· Technological Awareness
· Planning and Organizing
· Stakeholder Management
· Training in basic principles of international protection
· Training in registration and information handling (database)
· Demonstrate very good computer skills, particularly in data management
· Communication and training skills
· Very good knowledge of local language(s) in both written and verbal communication (Thai)
· Ability to work in a team
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 and Curriculum Vitae indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to: THABAHR@unhcr.org
Applications will not be acknowledged. Only the successful candidate will be notified of the outcome of the selection process.
P.11 form can be down loaded from: http://unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/p11.doc