ICT Associate (VA. No.10/2017)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 10/2017
General Service (GS) - 6
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
21 February 2017
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
06 March 2017
Availability of the Position As soon as possible (initially for three months with possible extension based on satisfactory performance and availability of funds)
Under the overall supervision of Admin/Finance Officer, the ICT Associate provides reliable and timely ICT services on the application and infrastructure of UNHCR standard ICT services in the Area of Responsibility (AoR). S/he receives technical guidance from Senior Regional ICT Officer or Regional ICT Officer responsible for the Telecom/IT infrastructure in the region in which the field or emergency operation exists.
Accountability (key results that will be achieved)
- UNHCR Country offices in the AoR have modern and cost-effective ICT systems.
- UNHCR ICT equipment and data are protected.
Responsibility (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Assist in on-site needs assessment and installation and maintenance of UNHCR Telecommunications and IT equipment.
- In consultation with the Senior Regional ICT officer, establish the ICT requirements in field operations, taking into account the overall IT and Telecom strategy of the region, the operational needs and the security constraints.
- Install and configure the most appropriate type of UNHCR IT and Telecommunications systems (HF, VHF, UHF, Microwave Links, Telephony, and satellite systems) to meet the field and emergency operations immediate ICT needs.
- Ensure that the equipment under his/her responsibility is in good working condition, by inspecting regularly the hardware and installations. If required, arrange promptly repairs or replacement as necessary according to established procedures.
- Maintain records of the installations and repairs/replacements done and keep the Regional ICT officer fully informed on the status of the equipment.
- Provide each office, where equipment is installed, with full information for their asset management records.
- If applicable, keep a proper inventory level of all sites spares and return spare parts for repair/replacement.
- Monitor and maintain the
- Add or remove users from the Network.
- Assist in the maintenance of accurate records of users and usage of the Network.
- Carry out minor hardware maintenance.
- Provide Technical Briefing/Training on the equipment to local ICT resources and users, including IPs, ensuring that they are able to maintain/use the equipment.
- Assist in the development and configuration of IT and Telecom Equipment/Kits used in field operations and emergencies.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Authority (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
- Decide on appropriate resolution to incidents / problems.
- Escalate issues to supervisor if incident / problem cannot be resolved with scope of responsibility.
Qualifications and Professional Experience Required
· Thai nationality is preferable.
· Completion of Secondary School or equivalent technical school with formal training and certification on relevant ICT related fields.
· Minimum 6 years of job experience relevant to the function or particularly on HF/VHF radio or IT systems, PAMA satellite systems, PABX, Cisco routers and satellite modems.
· Knowledge of computer application packages such as MS Office.
· Fluency in Thai and English.
· Hands-on experience with wireless and VoIP systems, electricity, generators, lightning protection an asset.
· Previous experience in emergencies and training experiences relevant to the function is an advantage.
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 and Curriculum Vitae indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to: THABAHR@unhcr.org
Applications will not be acknowledged. Only the successful candidate will be notified of the
outcome of the selection process.
P.11 form can be down loaded from: http://unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/p11.doc