Senior Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Assistant – Corporate Fundraising (VA. No.06/2017)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 06/2017
Senior Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Assistant – Corporate Fundraising
Equivalent to General Service (GS) - 5
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
02 February 2017
Associate PSP Officer(Thailand)
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
15 February 2017
Private Sector Partnerships Service (PSP) Thailand
Local Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Availability of the Position As soon as possible
UNHCR is the UN Refugee Agency and takes the lead in providing international protection for 65 million refugees and displaced people worldwide.
Private Sector Partnerships Service (PSP) is a fast growing global division with offices in 19 countries across the world. In 2016, PSP recruited over 700,000 new individual private donors and our ambition is to quickly grow in size, scale and global reach.
In Thailand, PSP has been achieving outstanding results since its establishment in May 2008. Through in-house and outsourced face to face fundraising programmes, PSP generates the largest portion of funds that go directly to support refugees in Thailand.
In addition, UNHCR Thailand has conducted several campaigns and successfully raised awareness and interests in refugee causes among Thai people. Given the success, in 2017, UNHCR will diversify its fundraising portfolio and examine the potential in raising funds from the Leadership Giving (LG) sector; corporate, foundations and High Net Worth Individuals (HNWIs)/Major Donors in the country, as part of the Private Sector Partnership (PSP) strategies.
UNHCR is now looking for a highly motivated and driven Corporate Fundraising expert, with a background in either private sector fundraising, communications or marketing to assist the Head of PSP team to develop the Leadership Giving (LG) strategies and mobilize new funds from LG donors such as Companies, Foundation and High Net Worth Individuals and to maintain the exisiting partnerships with donors.
Scope of Assignment
Under the overall supervision of the Associate PSP Officer (Head of PSP team) in charge of PSP Thailand operation, the individual contractor will assist in the following:
· Assist the Head of PSP to develop LG strategy for Companies, Foundation and High Net Worth Individuals in Thailand.
· Identify potential partners and donors from the LG sector in Thailand, and build up the relationships with the prospects.
· Assist to develop fundraising proposals for submission to the prospects in line with the leadership giving fundraising strategies and action plans.
· Assist in producing the annual plans including financial budget for LG fundraising programmes and execute the annual budget implementation throughout the year.
· Assist to maintain and strengthen the partnerships with the existing LG donors by providing daily care/support services to them.
· Assist to enhance the LG stewardship in line with the global LG strategies and policies
· Liaise with global and regional LG staff as well as field colleagues, when necessary to provide information and answers to the LG donors.
· Conduct preliminary due diligence screening research about potential LG donors, and process the due diligence clearance with the focal point of the global LG unit.
· Monitor market trends related to the overall PSP activities, particularly LG.
· Draft regular and annual reports to the LG donors in a timely fashion and submit the reports to the LG donors concerned after getting clearance from the supervisor.
· Process the donation confirmation issuance, upon receipt of the donations from LG donors and send it to the LG donors in timely manner.
· Process income recording.
· Attend local meetings, events and conferences related to the LG activities in Thailand, and assist to organize briefings, meetings and/or events for UNHCR to LG donors.
· Perform any other related duties that may be required.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
· Thai nationality is preferable.
· Completion of university degree in Business Administration, Marketing, International Relations, Sociology, or other related discipline (in lieu of degree, 5 years relevant work experience)
· Minimum 5 years of professional work experience, including experience of Leadership Giving in corporate fundraising from UN agencies, iNGOs or international organizations, and/or major donors.
· Excellent knowledge of UN (specifically UNHCR) procedures.
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite (in particular Excel) and Powerpoint Presentation
· Excellent knowledge of English.
· Work experience in professional fundraising skills, and/or marketing skills.
· Understanding about UNHCR's works and/or humanitarian issues.
· Proven skills in writing, drafting, translation and communication and presentation skills.
· Proven experience in research and networking with the LG sector.
· Excellent writing and speaking skills in both Thai and English.
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 and Curriculum Vitae indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to: THABAHR@unhcr.org
Applications will not be acknowledged. Only the successful candidate will be notified of the
outcome of the selection process.
P.11 form can be down loaded from: http://unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/p11.doc