Protection Intern (2 positions) (VA.No. 43/2017)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 43/2017
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
11 December 2017
Protection Associate/Senior Protection Assistant under supervision of Protection Officer
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
25 December 2017
(for a maximum of 6-months internship period)
Availability of the Internship As soon as possible
Work Plan and Assigned Tasks:
· Provide administrative support and data entry to assist Senior Protection Assistant at the Immigration Detention Centre (IDC).
· Provide logistic support in coordinating with NGOs and partner agencies at the Immigration Detention Centre (IDC) as needed.
· Assist Protection Associate in documenting and reporting counseling sessions provided to urban refugees and asylum seekers, which may include translation of documents and scheduling of protections/orientation sessions.
· Provide administrative support in order to obtain civil registration documents (i.e. birth/death certificates) for urban refugees and asylum seekers as well as other administrative coordination needed with Civil Registrar’s District Office or hospitals.
· Assist the Protection Unit information compilation and reporting as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Thai national only.
· Keen interest on refugees and asylum seekers issues.
· University degree in law, social sciences, international relations or related fields.
· Previous experience in protection would be an asset.
· Fluency in English (written and spoken).
· Positive inter-personal skills.
· Excellent English reporting and drafting skills.
· Computer literacy.
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 and Curriculum Vitae indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to: THABAHR@unhcr.org
Applications will not be acknowledged. Only the successful candidate will be notified the
outcome of the selection process.
NHCR/P.11 and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and
Please note that the short-listed candidates are required to attend both written test and interview.