Senior Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Assistant, Digital Content Coordinator VA.No.19/2017
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement no. 19/2017
Senior Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Assistant, Digital Content Coordinator
Equivalent to GS-5
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
28 April 2017
Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Associate
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
10 May 2017
Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Unit
Local Individual Contractor Agreement (LICA), UNOPS
Availability of the Post: As soon as possible
UNHCR is the UN Refugee Agency and takes the lead in providing international protection for 65 million refugees and displaced people worldwide.
Private Sector Partnerships Service (PSP) is a fast growing global division with offices in 19 countries across the world. By end of 2016, PSP will recruit over 700,000 new individual private donors and our ambition is to quickly grow in size, scale and global reach.
In Thailand, PSP has been achieving outstanding results since its establishment in May 2008. PSP has diversified fundraising channels to introduce leadership giving through corporate fundraising while to expand individual giving channels from Face to Face to digital fundraising programmes.
Our latest digital campaign, NAMJAI FOR REFUGEES raising funds for refugees in Thailand has won the Asia-Pacific Communication Award 2016 for non-profit sector while NOBODY LEFT OUTSIDE which aims to raise funds for 2 million refugees in 12 countries has gained support from prominent influential person, leading media outlet and corporate sector with social responsibility.
As the Digital fundraising becomes another stream of generating funds for UNHCR, we are now looking for a highly motivational and driven digital content expert to join the rapidly expansion team.
Under supervision of her / his direct supervisor, the incumbent’s responsibilities will include:
Duties and Responsibilities
Digital Media Content
· Maintain and manage the UNHCR Thailand website content, ensuring that is accurate, fundraising friendly, the branding is maintained, and that the messaging, features and functionality are appropriately presented.
· Coordinate, implement and monitor UNHCR Thailand’s content across social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and other upcoming digital platforms to support the organisation’s overall marketing and communications objectives.
· Conduct an ongoing website audit to ensure that content is up to date and appeals are current.
· Actively responding to queries and comments from followers on the UNHCR Thailand social platforms.
· Manage UNHCR Thailand’s social media assets.
Digital Media Monitoring
· Setting up tagging and tracking systems for digital campaigns.
· Monitor the reporting and analysis system of the website, social and digital marketing such as Google Analytics and social media reporting tools.
· Be across trends in the social media space, review best practice and make recommendations on how to improve UNHCR Thailand activity based on this knowledge.
Digital Media Development
· Assist in the development of new initiatives for the UNHCR Thailand website, including optimizing the website for mobile and tablet formats.
· Use knowledge of SEO strategies to develop new content for the UNHCR Thailand website plus re-use existing content as needed.
· Develop social media strategy in conjunction with Digital Fundraising Manager.
· Drive implementation of social media strategy.
· Support other business units with digital campaign elements where required.
· Develop and maintain a multimedia library including photos, video and sound clips.
· Assist in the development and implementation of UNHCR Thailand’s digital strategy.
· Undertake any other projects as instructed by the Digital Fundraising Manager.
Applicants must be Thai national only.
Education and Skills:
· University degree in one of the following areas: Communication, Marketing, New Media, or Public Relations.
· At least three years work experience including two years of digital/new media content or similar role work experience.
· Comprehensive knowledge of digital communication, digital media monitoring and analyzing, current trends and innovations in digital media, and excellent web (Content Management System) skills.
· Ability to engage supporters with interesting and current content.
· Experience with link building, content marketing and content creation strategies.
· Strong copywriting and editing skills, including experience creating SEO optimised content.
· Understanding of SEO strategies.
· Excellent understanding of the capabilities of free and paid SEO tools.
· Solid understanding of the social media space and across the latest trends.
· Ability to recommend activities/campaigns in the social media space to drive engagement rates.
· Experience with advanced image editing and video production programmes (Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop, and Illustrator).
· Advance computer skills, including all Microsoft office products.
· Advance knowledge of Content Management System.
· Proven abilities in communication and fundraising.
· Commitment to refugee cause is preferable.
Languages: Fluency in Thai and English (both written and spoken)
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 and resume indicating the vacancy number and the position title to THABAHR@unhcr.org
Applications will not be acknowledged. Only the successful candidate will be notified of the outcome of the selection process.
P.11 form can be downloaded from: http://unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/p11.doc